User Centered Design Specialties• Heuristic evaluations of Web sites & software
• Contextual inquiries Reality & designmapping
• Competitive analysis & documentation
• Interaction mapping & workflow engineering
• Information architecture & navigation modeling
• Wire framing, HTML mockups, rapid prototyping
• Graphic creation & production
• Corporate identity & style guide documentation
Career Highlights• 15 years UX, Web, & graphic design experience
• 10 years experience at major E-commerce sites
• 4 years creative direction experience
• Power Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver & Visio user
• Intermediate Flash & Adobe Flex Builder user
• HTML & CSS coding by hand
|User Experience Architect
SumTotal Systems, Inc.
|Bellevue, Wash. (June 2007 – Dec 2009)|
|As part of a small international design team, I designed and architected a new environment and suite of tools to aid corporations in the training of their employees.
• Helped define new product requirements by interviewing both product owners and product users.
• Designed many of the core features for SumTotal’s new software as a service (SAAS) model, including: new training activity creation, instructor management tools, bulk document/file upload, report management tools, as well as new drag and drop curriculum building tools, to name a few.
• Created and maintained a style guide and team site to facilitate a more cohesive sense of direction and communication between members of the company and within our small international design team.
User Experience Designer
Amazon Digital Services
|Seattle, Wash. (November 2006 – June 2007)|
design project scheduling and communication, design
team building, establishment of effective design processes,
design of web interfaces and web applications for Amazon.com’s
new digital media offering.
• Reviewed resumes, phone screened and interviewed potential design candidates to successfully build a design team.
• Managed the scheduling and prioritization of a backlog of design projects and requests numbering in the hundreds.
• Designed and architected the user experience of the new Amazon MP3 store and other up and coming digital stores.
User Experience Designer
Studio UX (now known as 'Ramp')
|Bellevue, Wash. (January 2006 – November 2006)|
|Work with multiple
clients requiring support for corporate branding, Web
site, Web application, or software application design.
• Quickly learned about product, marketplace positioning, brand positioning, and future direction of product.
• Produced interaction maps, wireframes, Photoshop mockups, HTML mockups, graphics, and spec documents.
• Initiated and established a healthy design process including the creation of project estimates, milestones, heuristic evaluations, contextual inquiries, design reviews, and usability testing.
User Experience Designer
|Seattle, Wash. (June 2002 – January 2006)|
design and information architecture for the Amazon Services
platform, a Web-based software used by Amazon’s
partner companies to build Web sites and Amazon.com
• Established design direction, creating and maintaining creative style guides and site standard documentation.
• Trained designers from other teams to understand style guide and design process.
• Established and maintained effective work processes with partner companies.
• Examined potential use cases, assisted with project spec development, generated interaction maps, created wire frames, built HTML prototypes, prepared prototypes for usability testing.
|Seattle, Wash. (May 2000 – June 2002)|
design team, building and maintaining the first of Amazon.com’s
partnered stores: Toysrus.com, Babiesrus.com, Imaginarium.com,
and the Amazon.com video games store.
• Created graphics, templates, and task flows for each store.
• Worked closely with internal photo studio to create inviting product images for merchandising purposes.
• Mediated between Amazon’s partners and Amazon’s internal business team to establish effective business objectives.
Interface & Graphic Designer
|Bellevue, Wash. (May 1999 - May 2000)|
|Design of navigational
and informational screens, integrating photography,
typography and other media into the informational architecture
• Worked with new business partner, GNC, to design a storefront and inviting e-commerce experience.
• Coordinated developers and technical staff to design templates, interactive environments, transaction opportunities, and merchandising Web pages.
|Contract Graphic Designer -
Microsoft CarPoint (on contract through S&T Onsite)
|Redmond, Wash. (Feb. 1997 - May 1999)|
|Creation of interfaces,
Web based applications, templates, and graphics for
automotive e-commerce site.
• Created many of the primary interfaces, tools, and features for the site.
• Worked closely with editorial team in creating templates for articles and images for weekly content.
• Maintained strong attention to detail, managed creation of attractive images and icons.
Sun Sportswear, Inc.
|Tukwila, Wash. (Nov. 1995 - Feb. 1997)|
|Primary focus was conceptualizing and designing graphics for major manufacturer of screen-printed garments.
• Fast-paced studio with multiple projects and overlapping deadlines.
• Created designs from concept to completion for men's and boy's garments.
• The imaginative environment helped me adapt to new styles of design and grow creatively.
• Clients included Walt Disney Studios, Warner Bothers, JC Penney, Target, and many national department stores.
|• Visio Training
Course – New Horizons Fall 2003
• Adobe Illustrator Training Course – Ivey Seright Spring 2002
• Macromedia Dreamweaver Training Course – Ivey Seright Summer 2002
• Advanced Action Scripting for Macromedia Flash MX – Bellevue Community College Winter 2002
• Associate of Applied Arts in Visual Communications/Graphic Design – The Art Institute of Seattle 1993-1995 [Graduated with honors]
|• Adobe Photoshop
• Adobe Illustrator
• Adobe Dreamweaver
• Adobe Flex Builder
• Adobe Fireworks
• Adobe Flash (intermediate)
• Microsoft Visio